BKWSO’s mission statement
BKWSO acknowledges the intrinsic goodness of all people. BKWSO teaches a practical method of meditation that helps individuals understand their inner strengths and values. BKWSO is committed to spiritual growth and personal transformation, believing them essential in creating a peaceful and just world. Acknowledging the challenges of rapid global change, BKWSO nurtures the well-being of the human family by promoting spiritual understanding, leadership with integrity and elevated actions towards a better world.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
BKWSO may collect the following data:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Whether 18 years or over
- Age range
- Gender Identity
- Opt-in to receive BKWSO emails, newsletters
How do we collect your data:
You directly provide BKWSO with most of the data it collects. This data is collected when you:
- Register online for BKWSO sponsored programs including but not limited to courses, seminars, retreats, video conferences, website links, Social Media and other events.
- Purchase online BKWSO Media and gifts (books, CDs, posters, artwork/graphics)
- You make donations
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of BKWSO message boards or via email
- Use or view BKWSO websites via your browser cookies
- Walk-in Registrations and Referrals.
BKWSO may also receive your data indirectly from other sources/parties such as referrals.
How do we use your data?
BKWSO does not sell your data. BKWSO uses the collected data
- to offer you further support for your spiritual growth with other BKWSO programs
- to organize events such as: seminars, workshops, courses, retreats, talks, when you might register for such an event
- to update you with information about upcoming events if you opted to be in one of our email lists
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to BKWSO Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of BKWSO Service when you choose to do so
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that BKWSO can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To send you donation receipts
2. SECURITY OF DATA
BKWSO takes necessary and appropriate steps to protect the privacy and security of your personal information through following methods:
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and secure servers
- Credit card information is NOT stored on any of our servers. It is handled via third-party merchants such as Amazon, STRIPE, SQUARE, Donorbox, Paypal.
- Video and audio recordings of the program may be stored on the cloud or on BKWSO servers.
Where is your data stored?
BKWSO is located and established in the Canada and, therefore, your personal information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the Canada.
3. TRACKING DATA
BKWSO uses tracking technologies to track your activity on its Service and hold certain information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of BKWSO’s Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking data leveraging third-parties:
What are cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer in a range of ways to improve your experience our BKWSO websites, including:
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use BKWSO websites
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, in a few cases, some of BKWSO websites may not function as a result.
Cookies used by BKWSO
- Session Cookies to operate its Service.
- Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Service Provider Cookies set up by third party service providers to provide Services to BKWSO.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of BKWSO Service. You can opt-out of by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
4. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
Based on your location, you may be entitled to different rights to your data, and BKWSO will make all reasonable efforts to comply with such regulations to the extent there is not a conflict with the regulations required to maintain our U.S. 503(c)3 non-profit status and legally operate our services to fulfill our mission.
Disclosure of Data upon valid Legal Request
BKWSO may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of BKWSO
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
For residents of the European Union (EU):
- Right of Rectification – You have the right to request BKWSO to correct any information you believe is inaccurate and to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to Access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to request that BKWSO erase your personal data, under certain conditions. BKWSO may also retain your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce any agreements.
- Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that BKWSO restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to BKWSO’s processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
Exercising these Rights
If you believe we have not processed your personal information according to your rights, we encourage you to contact BKWSO. BKWSO may authenticate you are the person who can make the request. BKWSO will take the appropriate steps to comply to your legitimate request unless it has legitimate reasons to refuse to do so.
5. PROGRAMS FOR PEOPLE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
Persons under 18 years old cannot register for BKWSO programs, social media events, newsletters, online video conference events on their own. In order for a person under 18 to participate in any of the BKWSO programs, a parental/custodian has to sign a waiver consent form and be present during the event. For more information you may contact BKWSO.
7. CONTACT BKWSO
If you no longer wish to receive communications from BKWSO via email or mail, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link available at the bottom of the emails or by contacting BKWSO and providing your full name and email address so that you can be identified in the opt-out process.
Questions regarding this Policy, to exercise your rights, to lodge a complaint.
You may contact BKWSO, and we will do our best to assist you.
Last Updated: 07/08/2021